Sunday, July 08, 2007

Out with the GT6

Had a morning out with the GT6 on Saturday, unfortunately it was on a trailer at the time. I drove up to a workshop outside Birmingham to have the remaining sections of the exhaust system finished off. The car will be up there for a few weeks now, as while it is up there it is being used as a jig for a few other exhaust manifolds.
The journey up to Birmingham was quite uneventful, only seeing a couple of classics on the road, but no Triumphs. Thought I might see one or two going up to Stafford for the weekend, but no such luck.

While the car is away I will be spending some time finishing off some other jobs for the car, such as the fuel returns into the fuel tank. I might even find some time to do a bit of bodywork on the Spitfire in anticipation of the next MOT. The sill increasing look like they need replacing, I might just plate them as required for now and replace them once I have the GT6 on the road.


Hopefully once the exhaust system has been finished, the rest of the car will be ready to come together, then a week or two of hard work to get it ready for the MOT?

No comments: