Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Spitfire MOT prep.

With the MOT due on my Spitfire in just over a weeks time and the Bank Holiday upon us, I decided it was time to start getting the car ready.
Fortunately as I have been using the car quite regularly, the car is in quite good condition as any problems noted were normally sorted relatively quickly.
Work that I have had to do included fitting a new exhaust back-box, bought from Paddocks a few weeks ago, checking the screen wash and fitting new wiper blades – apart from that the car was pretty much ready for the MOT.

Since I plan to sell the Spitfire a few weeks after the MOT, once I have another car on the road, a fair bit of time was spent over the weekend on the rear bodywork. Fibreglass was removed from the inner rear wheel arch and wing bottom of the Spitfire to be replaced with some fresh steel, while making a repair to the boot floor and rear valance. A previous owner had repaired both inner rear wheel arches and lower rear wing sections with a mix of fibreglass and aluminium matting at some point, but the rust was starting to get under some of it and lift it up.
I repaired the passenger side fibreglass sections about a year ago, so it was about time I got the drivers side done.

No comments: