Monday, June 07, 2010

Head, pipes and towers

I did not buy much at the Triumph show at Stoneleigh earlier this year, but I did collect this:



It's the replacement head re-worked by GT, complete with a set of his valves, a job which he managed to turn around in quite a short time before heading back home. It has been buretted and it looks like the compression ratio is 10:1. My plan is to have another go on the rolling road after fitting this to see what effect it has had, then fit different inlet manifolds while at the rolling road and adjust the Megajolt as required.

My attempt to fit the better hose clamps hit a problem last week, the home-made take-off on the bottom hose was not wide enough to get a proper seal with the wider clamps, so it started leaking.  To get round this, I bought a ready made tee piece from Car Builder Solutions, hopefully it should seal better with this.



Over the weekend I finished modifying the other suspension tower to take the alternative engine mount and then gave them a clean off and paint, ready for fitting soon.



I've decided to crack on with these towers again as to fit them requires the cooling system to be drained as a hose passes through the one on the passenger side and it needed to be partially drained to change the head anyway.

No comments: