Friday, September 17, 2010

Castle Combe trackday

So quite a few months ago, June actually, was the Castle Combe trackday, my first time out on track. On the first session time seemed to pass exceeding fast, unlike my driving, but I survived. Through out the day my ability to keep up with the other traffic improved and the car only gave me one problem, a leaky rocker cover gasket, which was soon solved with liberal amount of silicone sealant.
A couple of observations from the day, my 'temporary' throttle cable mount could do with stiffening-up or replacing as despite having little slack in the cable, the mount would bend, giving a delay between pressing on the pedal and the butterflies moving. The standard brakes seem perfectly adequate for my driving on that circuit, so no need to worry there, if anything I needed to brake less into corners and carry more speed through.

The front left tyre seems to have come off the worst, not sure if this is my driving style or just due to the rotation of the circuit.



Other pics nicked from over the internets with appologies to Smithy and RoyBoy



There are more pictures to be seen in my Photobucket account and if you are a Club Triumph member, a better write-up of the event in the latest magazine.

No comments: