Thursday, November 11, 2010

GT6 Bulkhead mods

With a few other jobs out of the way I've started back on the replacement GT6 body with a bit more choppy chop around the bulkhead. 
As you can see from the pics below, I had already started on the drivers side before I remembered to take any pictures. The sides of the area around the pedal box have been boxed in and a new piece put in beside it to give more space for the air box.

As it was a few days ago


Remaining redundant top of bulkhead and front of tunnel cut off



New top of bulkhead positioned for the camera



While I am doing the welding around here I'll fill up the hole for the fuse box and all of the redundant holes also. At the same time I am thinking of re-positioning the wiper motor, as I have seen done before. This should make for a slightly less cluttered bulkhead and while I'm at it, I'll see if I can fit a more modern wiper motor, you know, one of those which actually go fast when you put it on the second speed, unlike some of the Triumph offerings.

No comments: