Saturday, April 02, 2011

Fresh paint

I'm a bit out of date again, sorry. A few weeks ago I had a message to tell me the parts I took over a few weeks ago were painted, finished and ready for collection. A few days later I went over with the trailer again to make the collection.



The following day the body, bonnet and chassis was lifted from the trailer, with the bonnet going back onto the car it came from. To make it easier to work around in the workshop, the body was then taken from the chassis and put back onto a wooden frame and to prevent the doors getting damaged, they were also re-hung on the body.
The next job on this body will be to stone chip the wheel arches and fill it up with cavity wax, probably Bilt Hamber's Dynax S50. Not 100% sure what to do with the underside, at the moment it is undersealed, but I'm not keen on the stiff personally. I'd like to paint the inside the new colour before the wax goes in, so there is a bit of paint prep to be done first.

No comments: