Sunday, September 10, 2006

A weekend off.

Armed with a fresh MOT I decided to have a weekend off from working on cars, so I took myself down to the country show at Barlylands Farm near Billericay in Essex. I left Wales at about 3am, so to give myself a chance of a clear run across the county, down the M4 and half way around the M25. It took just under 3 hours, only slowing for roadworks. In Billericay I met up with a few friend and travelled the last few miles in a Sentinel S4 steam wagon. Didn't do much for the rest of the day, was starting to feel a little tired by 3pm. Went out again in the evening on the steam wagon to find some fish and chips and then bach to the show again to find the beer tent.

On Sunday I took a leisurely trip back to Wales, taking a longer trip, stopping in Cambridge for a breakfast and then via Northampton and Gloucester to avoid the toll bridge. The advantage of going this way round was that I was able to pick-up the spacers I need to finish off the CV conversion, just need to get the right bolts then I should be able to fit it all together. See the link for The Crazy Spitfire blog on the right hand side to find out more.

No comments: