Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A new body

Since getting all despondent about the condition of the GT6 body I'd been on the look-out for another one, so I put a few feelers out, contacted some of the Triumph traders/breakers and eventually found something which was reasonably close, solid and had not been bodged too much by a previous owner. Unfortunately there were a couple of obvious issues with the one I found, it came with the rest of a almost complete vehicle, so I would have to separate it and find a home for the running gear and the body had sustained some rear end damage, but again this was not too much of an issue as I already had a second hand light panel which could be fitted.
A deal was soon done and a couple of days later it was in the workshop






It took a couple of hours to prepare it for removal of the body and another hour to lift it off , not too bad as I was doing it by myself with jacks and blocks of wood.



With the body removed I gave the running gear a quick wash, took some pictures and put it up for sale on a few websites and within 24 hours I'd received a deposit for the running gear, at least that went quickly and smoothly.

No comments: