Friday, January 05, 2007

Back on the road

Last night I finished off the fitting of parts on my Spitfire and took it out for a run. An immediately apparent job to do is the tracking, as the car is constantly pulling the steering to the left, this should be done Saturday morning though.
The car feels quite different to drive compared to last time, before the accident, not sure if this is due to the new bushes, trunnion and top ball joint being fitted or just the chage of wheels. The alloy wheels are 175 width, but the steel wheels on there now are only 155's

I took the car out to Chepstow to do some shopping along some of my favorite roads, the only problem I may have is that the damper on the side which failed might have an oil leak - will have to keep an eye on that one,

Thinking back, I am really glad that a breakdown recovery service is part of my car insurance deal. That recovery job would probably have cost as least as much as the insurance.

No comments: