Sunday, January 21, 2007

A bit more done...

Well I have been a bit quite recently, but things have still been progressing, slowly.

The tracking was on my Spitfire is better now, after having it aligned at a local garage. It was greatly improved after the first attempt but it was still pulling to the left, so I took it back for them to have another go at it. I had to wait for half an hour and for them to have another go and even afterwards it seemed to be no better, so I did not bother to let them have another try.

On the GT6 I have been working on the semi-removable section of the gearbox tunnel, after making the extra space required for the metering unit and throttle bodies, the semi-removable section had to be altered to fit again. This is slow going at the moment with regular fitting and re-fitting of components.

In the mean time a few more component s and spare parts have been sourced through good ol' eBay, so I now have a duplex cam sprocket and chain, these look to be in reasonable condition and ready for fitting, the should have saved me £30. Today I picked-up a non-overdrive gearbox from a Triumph TR6, there are known to be stronger than the GT6 boxes. I do not intend to fit it straight away, but seeing as it was local to me and was at the right price it seemed a shame to let it pass.

I hope to get the semi-removable section of the gearbox tunnel fitted soon, so I can move onto the fuel system and the refurbishment of my next engine.

No comments: