Friday, April 27, 2007

Not much...


Not that much to report on really, went to Standard Triumph at Brooklands (STAB) last Sunday with GT6boy from the Club Triumph forum. Interesting to see other Triumphs and to have a mooch around the Brooklands museum, apparently the event is moving next year.

The alloy steering rack mounts have arrived and have been fitted. I spent a bit of time getting the steering rack to sit central, as the new mounts do not centralise the rack as it pulls down. I then ignored the my attempts to centralise the rack as I found I wanted more space between the steering shaft and the exhaust manifold.
This would not usually be a problem when fitting this manifold, but as I have shifted the engine back it is a bit too close.
With the steering rack pushed over one side slightly the steering rack limits will have to be adjusted to have a equal lock each way, this will be done by adjusting the limit nuts on the rack and by positioning of the track rod ends.

Still have to do more to the fuel system, the current plan is to pull the fuel from the bottom of the standard GT6 fuel tank using a low pressure Facet pump I bought a few months back, then to the high pressure fuel pump via the big fuel filter.
See what time I can put in this weekend eh?

No comments: