Tuesday, April 03, 2007

And its in...

After spending quite a bit of time pondering it, I have managed to fit in the proposed new exhast manifold for the GT6. It has required a slight bit of modification to the chassis rail as the exhaust passes by, but it will be no worse than what was done as standard on the 1500 Spitfires.
Once I get another grinding disc I will be able to make a start on cleaning up and re-welding the chassis, should be able to make it look as if it was meant to be like that.

Had a visit from Bruce Sellers (GT6boy) on Saturday to have a look at the exhaust manifolds and in return I had a drive out in his MkII GT6 convertible. A lot of fun that was, lovely exhaust note, can't wait to get mine done now. It was a great drive out on some local roads, until we hit the shopping traffic, makes me wish I was on a bike again, the the heavens opened up, bringing a mixture of hail and rain, not a good combination with a convertible when the hood is in the boot.

Have also managed to finish welding and painting the seat and seatbelt mounting plates, so I should be able to concentrate more on tidying up the chassis before moving back onto the fuel system again, unless I find another half finished job.

2 comments:

David Powell said...

I think youre gonna beat me onto the road steve :)

I'll be interested to your see your cylinder head? Has GT done it yet?

SteveA said...

Not so sure Dave, I have quite a number of smaller jobs before I can get on the road.

No head yet, it is not a problem for me as there is much I can do before I need it.
I can give you a shout when I know when I should have it, if you want a look before it is fitted.