Tuesday, October 10, 2006

RBRR 2006

Over again for a couple of years now, the Round Britain Reliabilty Run organised by Club Triumph was held over the last weekend. The run had 94 Triumph cars starting from Enfield to John o Groats then down to Lands end, finishing back at Enfield, having covered about 2000 miles in 48 hours. When the application forms went out for this run I had no intention of doing it as neither of my cars were in a suitable state, however following a request for a co-driver on the Club Triumph Forum, I put myself forward and was accepted.

The intention was to do the run in a Herald 13/60 estate, but due to some last minute problems they had to change cars and instead used a 2000 Mk2 estate. Perhaps I will do the run in the GT6 for the next RBRR in 2008, but one thing you reay appreciate is having a third person in the car who can navigate whilst the other driver is resting. Perhaps thats why I saw so many Triumph owers with sat nav?
Thanks to Alison and Richard Brake for allowing me to be their co-driver.

No comments: