Thursday, February 01, 2007

Engine tinkering


In preparation for the re-worked cylinder head and manifolds, I have managed to find a set of pistons, a bit more expensive than I had hoped, but at least I should have them early next week if not this week.

A bit of time has been spent servicing up parts ready for the next build up, this includes parts such as the push rods and the rocker shaft. Looks like a new rocker shaft will be in order as it appears to have suffered oil starvation at some point in the past, resulting in the shaft picking up.


A quick trial fit of the duplex cam and camshaft sprocket wa made just to check, all looks good there and fortunately the chain wich came with it is in a good servicable condition.
After buying the chain and sprocket I found that a chain of that quality would cost a few times more than I paid for the pair, a genuine eBay bargin there.

The shopping list seems to grow each day, with parts such as the crankshaft sprocket and a new rocker shaft required, fortunetely these are common parts so they should be off the shelf and with me next day. Nevermind with any hope I should have the freshly rebuilt engine running by the end of the month

No comments: