Saturday, February 24, 2007

The futures bright...

Having had all of this work done on my engine, I thought it was about time I tried again to remove the stains from the exterior of the block. I have no idea what has been spilt on it, but despite three goes with Jizer followed by a pressure washer, it still has not come off. So it was time for the Nitromors paint stripped to come out.
This has removed the stains on the paintwork, along with the paint.
The block was eventually stripped of all remaining paint, I never thought that the blue looked very good against of the green of the car.
Anyway, the new colour of the engine is to be this delightfull primrose yellow.

In the image it looks quite bright, but its not that bad in person really.

This colour ought to go well with the green in the engine bay and should enable easy identification of any leaks.


The pistons went off to the machine shop earlier this week, so hopefully I should be able to built up the engine again next week, once I have a new bottom end gasket set and oil seals.

1 comment:

David Powell said...

Good to see someone is busy :)