Thursday, September 20, 2007

Progress, of a sort...

After a couple of evenings trying to blend in the new piece of wing arch on the Shed, I have decided to take a break from that as every time I put on some filler to get rid of one ridge, another came up. I really want to take a break from bodywork for a while and come back to it afreash with ideas on how to banish my ridged filler work, so for now it has received a couple of coat of primer to prevent any water or dirt getting in.
The drivers side headlight bowls have been re-fitted albeit bolted instead of riveted, as to rivet them in you need to remove a special circlip type ring to get enough space, which was most likely to break as you try to remove it. Also the remaining front lights and bumpers have been fitted.

A date has been booked for the MOT, this coming Saturday, so some time has been spent chasing parts suppliers to find out where the parts I had ordered are, only to find that they have not sent them yet. It is a real pain that I have not had the parts yet, despite asking for them to be sent out on Tuesday, two days later they have not left the supplier. With that in mind I have set about using my contingency plan to try to get the car through the forthcoming MOT.
The two things I really wanted for the MOT were the halogen headlight, as all the other lights are halogens and a new rear exhaust mounting rubber. So far I have been lucky enough to find a spare sealed beam headlight and have glued the slightly dodgy exhaust mounting rubber, lets just hope both will be sufficient to get through the MOT.

No comments: