Sunday, September 23, 2007

MOT success & Spitfire for sale

Yesterday (Saturday) the Triumph 2000 went through it's MOT without any advisories and by the time I had returned from the test station, the package from the Triumph parts supplier had turned up. Being half day opening at the Post Office, a quick trip into the local town was made to pick-up the required tax disc, free of course. Back at the farm again I made a start on checking my new parts and fitting them, starting with the speedo drive gear, which meant draining the gearbox oil again.


Since getting the MOT I have covered a few miles, partially to get myself used to the car, but also to workout what needs to be done. Luckily over the 130 or so miles I have covered so far nothing too major has come up. Though one of the things I do want to get sorted fairly soon is the propshaft, the sliding joint in it is getting worn and causing vibrations in the car between 55 and 65 mph, which at the moment just means I need to go faster or slower than that.

During my drive around on Saturday afternoon we popped over to New Tredegar to see a guy I know, who has just got his Fowler A7 ploughing engine back on the road. We met up with him, as you can often find them, outside a pub about five miles from their yard. Although not a great distance to travel by modern standards, it was still quite momentous to get out this far, as the engine is still running in as they work through any problems as they occur.

With the 2000 on the road and appearing to go quite well I am starting to make positive moves to selling the Spitfire, so if you or anybody you know is looking for a tax exempt Triumph Spitfire 1500, why not have a look at the Club Triumph Classified section?

No comments: