Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Busy weekend

Forgot to mention last time that on Saturday I picked-up the next engine for my GT6. The engine is a Mk2 Triumph Vitesse unit, same as the GT6 one but with a different serial number prefix. The engine had come out of a Bond and is still on its original pistons, so hopefully it should make for a good staring point of my fast road engine. For now it will go into storage untill the GT6 is a lot closer to being ready for the road.

A fair bit of time on Sunday was spent on fuel preparation for the house, eg cutting and fetching the fire wood. I started by going out to start the Roadless Fordson Major, unfortuntely it would not turn over so back I go to find another battery, again it does not turn over, but this time I went through all the major wiring connections and discovered a loose wire. So with the connection made good, off I went to pick-up the trailer and then down to one of the further fields to cut some wood and collect the blocks I had already cut a previous time. An hour later I had enough wood cut in the trailer and headed back to the wood shed to off load it ready to go in the house. The central heating in the house has not worked for some years now, instead heating and hot water is provided by a wood burner, hence the constant need for wood.

Had another delivery today with my latest eBay purchase, a header tank for the cooling system, from cater7man. The smaller of the two fittings on the bottom is the feed from the expansion line from the radiator, the larger one is the return from the header tank back into the system, entering just before the water pump and the top feed on the tank is the air purge from the swirl pot. Next job will be to mock-up the system and work outwhat hoses will be required, time for more blue hoses from Merlin Motorsport http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk I guess.

No comments: