Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Comings and goings.

Well it’s been a busy afternoon; I had a visit from Gareth Thomas, who has supplied me with a refurbished metering unit to fit the GT6 along with a set of injectors. My next job will be to get the injection system installed and working. You may be able to tell that I have decided to keep with the Lucas PI system (for now at least) as I have all the major parts required for it.

This weekend’s job will be to make space for the throttle bodies and the metering unit. First thing will be to move any wiring inside the car and then take a cut at the bulkhead to make space for the metering unit, before the engine is removed. With the engine removed I can start welding panels back in to cover the hole again.

Leaving with GT was the MkII cylinder head for some work to be carried out on it. I don’t expect to see that for a few months now though, better the time is taken and done properly.

No comments: