Saturday, November 04, 2006

Its alive!

It's been eight months since I purchased the GT6, but at long last I have had the engine running. The engine that was in the car was never run under my ownership, I had tried to run it but had given up after a lot of fiddling, it turned out that the wiring loom had been hacked about by the previous owner.

Before I could get the engine started I had to finish installing the electric fuel pump, there was not enough space aound the bulkhead to fit the old mechanical fuel pump. In addition to this, I had to arrange some sort of cooling system.
I decided that the 205 radiator was going in and for this I made-up some small brackets, which have been welded onto the chassis and locate with the two lugs on the bottom of the radiator, as means to support it, I made up a couple of bracing struts, which go from the top of the radiator forward onto the chassis.

I do have a swirl pot to be fitted into the cooling system, unfortunately I will need a couple more hoses first, as the blue one I have at the moment will not bend enogh without kinking and restricting the system. At the moment the top hose is the original GT6 bottom hose, should do for now.

The engine bay is a bit of a mess at the moment as things like the fuel regulator needs to be mounted and the new header tank sourced and fitted. Really need to get the gear change remote cut down, then I might have some chance of driving it, at the moment the end of the handbrake sits underneath the gear stick.

No comments: